The APTPUO gives annual awards for part-time professors and for students.
Part-Time Professor of the Year Award
Each year, the Association of Part-Time Professors of the University of Ottawa (APTPUO) awards one of its members as the Part-Time Professor of the year.
The Part-Time Professor of the Year Award was created in 1996 in recognition of the contribution of APTPUO made by members of the APTPUO to university education. The award is sponsored by the Alumni Relations Office and the APTPUO. It consists of a $2000 prize as well as a commemorative plate, which is conferred during the ceremony. The laureate is also mentioned at the convocation ceremony in the fall.
All members of the APTPUO are eligible to apply.
The decision will be based on the following criteria: excellence in teaching, research activities and participation to university life.
With the exception of Selection Committee members, any member of the University community may nominate a candidate. Candidate applications must be accompanied with a letter outlining the candidate’s exceptional contributions to university teaching.
The department director submits a single candidate’s file to the dean.
The candidate’s file should contain the following documents:
- an up-to-date CV
- a letter of recommendation from the chair of the candidate’s department or school
- a letter of recommendation from the dean
- one or more letters of recommendation from students
- teaching evaluations from the last two years of teaching at the University of Ottawa
- any other relevant documents
The Selection Committee reviews the applications received and selects the recipient of the Award.
The Selection Committee consists of:
- two members of the APTPUO
- two members appointed by the Vice-President, Academic of the University of Ottawa
- one member of the Alumni Relations Office
Nominations must be submitted to the APTPUO no later than October of each year.
The APTPUO offers a total of six bursaries of 500$.
- be a full-time student;
- have completed one year of university;
- have applied to the financial assistance from the Financial Aid and Awards Service, or the International Office, where applicable.
- Fill out an application form electronically on the University website at scholarships.uottawa.ca
- Submit a transcript for the previous year of university studies
- International students must also provide a copy of their current student authorization form
- Complete online application via the uOttawa Financial Aid and Awards search engine
Note: The University of Ottawa’s scholarship and bursary search engine personalises its results according to the student’s profile. If the APTPUO bursary does not appear within the results, it means that the student is not permitted to apply to it.
Selection Process and Criteria
Awards are given on the basis of financial needs and academic merit. The Financial Aid and Awards Service makes an initial screening of the applications and submits its recommendations to the APTPUO, where the Awards Committee then makes final selection. Its decisions are final and cannot be appealed.