The APTPUO wishes to recognize the 50 years of service of one of our members, and co-founder of the APTPUO, Geraldine Arbach.
Geraldine has always been an active member of the APTPUO.
Her advice has always been well appreciated and she has been an integral part of our association since its beginnings.
We wish her all the best.
Deadline: March 31, 2021
*This section is only applicable to members of the main unit.
It should be noted that, in accordance with Article 5.6.4 of the Collective Agreement, members who have accumulated seniority points may submit a general application before 1 April 2021.
A member who files a general application in an academic unit will be deemed to have applied for all positions for which they would be qualified in that unit.
How to file a general application:
- Choose the “General Application” option on the Part-Time Academic Positions page
- Log in;
- Select the appropriate Faculty and Academic Unit;
- Indicate the number of courses you wish to teach in a session in the box;
- Update your record of employment under Teaching UO and/or Other Teaching tabs;
- Submit your application and C.V.;
- Repeat for every academic unit for which you would like to teach and for each session.
Roundtables on Precarious Education, Canadian Historical Association.
This Friday, March 19 at 1:00 p.m. (Eastern time), don’t miss the third Roundtable on Precarious Education organized by the Canadian Historical Association.
Chair: Barrington Walker
Participants: Ele Chenier; Laura Madokoro; Andrea Eidinger; Harold Bérubé; David Tough; Letitia Johnson.
Resources: Academic Women (Ele Chenier). Radical Inclusion: Equity and Diversity Among Female Faculty at Simon Fraser University.
Missed the last two webinars?
You can catch up here on the Canadian Historical Association’s YouTube channel here.
Faculty Town Hall!
Now that the Bargaining Committee has been formed, it is time to gather your comments and suggestions for the upcoming negotiations.
- What are the issues for part-time faculty in your unit?
- What do you think our bargaining priorities should be?
- What improvements do you suggest in terms of governance?
This year we have decided to hold Town Hall meetings in each of the faculties to discuss the next round of bargaining.
Stay tuned as we will be sharing the dates soon.
As usual, a survey on bargaining priorities will be shared with all members.